Monday, June 25, 2007

Torn

I am a huge baseball fan and will proudly proclaim that fact to anyone kind enough to listen. Here's my current dilemna: the Giants come to town next week and I have tickets. Now, as many, I've never been a fan of Barry - not since he played with the Pirates - not ever. That said, I feel like I must go and see someone who is going to break a huge record. Like it or not, it's going to happen and he's going to be the one to do it. I have no serious hard feelings about the guy - I just think he's always been kind of a jerk. I have an entirely separate set of qualms about the record being broken; I happen to be a Braves fan and like the fact that it is currently held by one of the best guys ever to play for them. So, I'll go and enjoy the beer and hot dog and I will not boo when one of the best (and most controversial) players ever comes out to play the game that I truly enjoy.

Braves talk sends me to an entirely different rant - they appear to be sucking again!

No comments: