Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Another "Top 100" List

Below is a website where a gent has compiled his personal list of the top 100 films ever made. As this is something that I like to do, I appreciate his efforts. I also agree with him on a number of choices - maybe not the exact order, but you know what I mean. I could not help putting in his thoughts on L.A. Confidential. That was the year that I stopped watching the Oscar show. Titanic beating out all of the movies that were up for Best Picture that year and especially this one was an absolute travesty.

http://eddieonfilm.blogspot.com/2006/06/edward-copelands-top-100.html

90 L.A. Confidential directed by Curtis Hanson

Of the films of fairly recent vintage, this is one that grows stronger each time I see it, earning comparisons to the great Chinatown (coming up later, as you might expect). Well acted (even if Kim Basinger's Oscar was beyond generous), well written and well directed, I believe L.A. Confidential's reputation will only grow greater as the years go on – yet it lost the Oscar (and a spot on the AFI list) to the insipid Titanic.

No comments: